Mauritania ratified the World Heritage Convention on 2 March, 1981. As of June 2010, it has two World Heritage Sites, one each in the cultural and natural categories. Mauritania also has another three sites on the World Heritage Tentative List.
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Mauritania
- Banc d'Arguin National Park
- Ancient Ksour of Ouadane, Chinguetti, Tichitt and Oualata
Sites in Mauritania on the World Heritage Tentative List
- Paysage culturel d'Azougui (2001)
- Site archéologique de Kumbi Saleh (2001)
- Site archéologique de Tegdaoust (2001)