Holašovice is an exceptionally well-preserved Bohemian village in the Czech Republic. It is located approximately 15 kilometers to the west of České Budějovice, in the municipality of Jankov. The Blanský Forest is located to the south of the village.
Holašovice is an excellent example of a typical Bohemian village. It has 23 brick farmyards and 120 farm buildings. The farmyards face a central village green, with fish pond and chapel. Most of the buildings in Holašovice date from the 18th to the 20th century, and are constructed in what is known as the South Bohemian Folk Baroque style. The chapel of St John of Nepomuk located in the town centre was built in 1755.
Holašovice historical village was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site during the
session of the World Heritage Committee
Photos of Holašovice Historical Village Reservation
Holašovice, Czech Republic
Author: Miloš Fiala (public domain)
World Heritage Site Inscription Details
Location: N 48 57 35 E 14 15 10 in the South Bohemian Region, Czech Republic
Inscription Year: 1998
Type of Site: Cultural
Inscription Criteria: II, IV
Location Map of Holašovice Historical Village Reservation
View Holasovice, Czech Republic in a larger map
Visiting Holašovice Historical Village Reservation
You can take a bus from Prague. The fare for the 3-hour journey is 154 Kc, as of June 2007.