Azerbaijan ratified the World Heritage Convention on 16 December, 1993. As of March 2010, it has two World Heritage Sites, both in the Cultural category. Azerbaijan has also submitted a further ten properties presently on the World Heritage Tentative List.
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Azerbaijan
Sites in Azerbaijan on the World Heritage Tentative List.
- Walled City of Baku with the Shirvanshah's Palace and Maiden Tower
- Gobustan Rock Art Cultural Landscape
- Surakhany, Atashgyakh (Fire - worshippers, temple - museum at Surakhany) (1998)
- The mausoleum of Nakhinchevan (1998)
- Hyrkan State Reservation (1998)
- "Binegadi" 4th Period Fauna and Flora Deposit (1998)
- "Lok-Batan" Mud Cone (1998)
- "Baku Stage" Mountain (1998)
- The Caspian Shore Defensive Constructions (2001)
- Susha historical and architectural reserve (2001)
- Ordubad historical and architectural reserve (2001)
- Sheki, the Khan's Palace (2001)